Under the direction of the Division Vice President, the Production Shop Expeditor is responsible for assisting the operation and project management teams through material procurement, tracking of materials, processing of electronic files, record documentation and other related duties.
Education: The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years of related experience and/or associate degree.
Certificates/Licenses: Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
Physical Job Requirements: Required to sit, stand and move throughout Company facilities. Must be able to perform job responsibilities in an industrial, construction site and general outdoor environment around heavy machinery and equipment.
Skills and Competencies
Technical Skills: This position requires proficiency with general office and AutoCAD software; knowledge of commonly used industry concepts, practices and procedures; knowledge of applicable building codes and industry installation practices; and the ability to read and interpret construction drawings and blueprints.
Personal/Interpersonal Competencies: This position requires strong problem solving and analytical skills; strong attention to detail; the ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment; the ability to make commitments and be willing to be held accountable against them; the ability to organize workloads to meet deadlines; the adaptability to accept change when needed; strong written and verbal communications skills, the ability to excel in a team environment and advance overall team objectives; and the ability to ensure customer satisfaction by delivering excellence in products and services.
- Assist the Operations Manager, Fabrication Shop Foreman and the Project Management staff with shop administrative duties that directly support the processes required for the fabrication and record documentation of customer projects.
- Assist the Fabrication Shop Foreman with small work orders and walk-up fabrication work in the areas of drawings, material procurement & allocation, documentation and scheduling.
- Coordinate and assist the Detailing team by processing electronic files related to Solidworks, Tekla EPM, AutoCAD & Pronest.
- Specific duties will include division-wide material, consumables & fastener procurement; shipping & receiving with associated documentation; inventory control and documentation; project specific items as requested or required.
- Additional administrative duties include:
- Shop employee time card tracking and submission
- Temperature and humidity logging
- Consumable tracking and charge-outs
- Welding gas charge-outs
- Equipment maintenance logging
- Tracking and logging mill certification documentation
- Promotes and enforces the company’s mission, policies and beliefs.
- Develops and maintains the highest level of customer service.
- Actively seeks development opportunities for continuous improvement.
This is a full-time exempt position. Business hours are between 7:00am to 5:00pm.
Salary and Benefits
Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please take a few minutes and fill out our Predictive Index Survey.
For confidential consideration, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org